Going at it alone can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! The below resources are tools I’ve found throughout my web trials and troubles. Glanced through everything and still can’t find what you need? Contact me.
General Organization & Productivity
- Freebie Supply: the mother load of free internet tools and amazingness. Seriously, there’s a tool for everything there.
- Dollar Photo Club: my preferred stock photo site
- Google Apps for Business: this is what I use for myself, and what I preach for all of my “brand new business” clients. We all know Google is amazing, and using it to organize your business is just as amazing as you’d imagine.
- Evernote: an easy peezy note-taking app. It’s free, and syncs across all of your devices.
- HoursTracker: this is how I track my time for clients who are billed hourly. The free version lets you track three different types of hours or rates per hour, while the paid version offers unlimited.
- SkillCrush: Skillcrush is by far my favorite resource for learning HTML, CSS, PHP, WordPress, and more. Their courses usually last three months (though you don’t HAVE to follow the suggested timeline), and are easy to follow. PLUS they provide a lot of support
- Udemy: a large catalog of “start whenever, wherever” lessons; I’ve used Udemy for learning to use XCode to create iPhone apps
- Lynda: a HUGE resource of more “start whenever, wherever” online courses, from very technical coding lessons to courses on productivity and time management
- Swiftly: a free iPhone app for learning to code in Swift, the language of iPhone apps